Our English curriculum will ensure pupils are:
- Confident to write for a range of different purposes and produce written work to a high standard.
- Enjoy reading for both pleasure and information whilst appreciating our rich and varied literary heritage.
- Confident to participate in discussions where they are able to share their ideas, opinions and knowledge whilst listening to others.
- Make good individual progress through all aspects of the English curriculum
- English is important for pupils as it broadens their minds, develops emotional skills and improves the quality of life. Pupils will benefit from our balanced and enriching approach and will be academically prepared for life beyond primary school and throughout their educational journey.
Please see our separate Phonics, Reading and Writing pages for additional information.