Welcome to Year 6
Jaguars - Mrs Richards & Mr Caple
Panthers – Mr Depradines
A very warm welcome to Year 6.
This year, the children in Year 6 are extremely fortunate as they will be supported by a number of fantastic adults. Mrs Richards, Mr Caple, Mrs Stubbings, Miss Park and Mr Heath will be working with the children in Jaguar Class. Whilst in Panther Class, the children will be working alongside Mr Depradines, Mrs Tames, Mrs Dengate and Mrs Fox.
In order to prepare the children for their transition to secondary school the children can also expect to work with some of the adults across the year group. The majority of the children will also receive tutoring before, after or during the school day with Mrs Tames or Mrs Stubbins
Reading & Homework
We ask that children read at least 4 times a week at home to an adult. Children have been provided with yellow reading records in order to keep note of their reading in school and at home. We will check these weekly in order to maintain our Accelerated Reader records in school. Homework will be set on a Friday via the Emile app and due to be complete by the following Wednesday.
Trips and Enrichment
- Darwin 200 Project– pupils will engage in activities to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of Darwin’s voyage to the Galapagos Islands on H.M.S. Beagle
- Restart a Heart– pupils will learn basic first aid and CPR with visitors from the Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- Houses of Parliament – Champions of Change topic enrichment
- Downes House – Evolution topic trip – Home of Charles Darwin
- Residential and Non-Residential activities week – Pupils will enjoy their end of KS2 off-site residential or will participate in exciting bush-craft and survival skills at home with our Forest School leader.
- Homefront Bus – WW2 Topic enrichment
- Eid Festival – Islamic food tasting day – celebrating the end of Ramadam
Year 6 Curriculum
Year 6 complete their PE lessons on a Wednesday afternoon and Friday morning. Children are invited to wear their PE kit to school on this day. Children must wear their school house t-shirt, blue/black shorts and their school sweatshirt on this day. When the winter months arrive, blue/black tracksuit bottoms are permitted as well as a change of footwear should lessons take place on the school field. All jewellery, including earrings must also be removed on this day.
If there is a change to the weekly timetable and PE is to be completed on an alternative day this will be communicated on Class Dojo.
We are really looking forward to getting to know your children and learning alongside them this year. We hope that they will settle quickly into Year 6 and their final year at primary school. We have got an exciting year ahead of us!
The Year 6 Team
|Mr Caple||Mrs Richards|