Physical Education and Sports Grant
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games was an opportunity to inspire the nation to enjoy a memorable cultural and sporting experience. The government is determined to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. As a result, in 2013 the Prime Minister set aside £300m specifically to improve the provision of Primary School PE and School Sport.
Our vision is for all pupils to leave our school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
We aim to achieve self-sustaining improvements in the quality of PE and sport against 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At Reculver Primary School the Governors, Head teacher and staff believe the best use of the sports premium to be:
- To improve provision of PE, School sport and an active and healthy lifestyle throughout the whole community.
- Where good practice is already established; maintain this provision.
- To ensure that all staff offer high quality Physical Education (with all lessons judged as good or outstanding) as part of the school curriculum and that CPD is relevant and ongoing.
- That swimming receives a high priority as an essential life skill.
- That provision is offered for children in year 6 to attend a bike ability course.
- To provide intra and inter sport competition to all children wishing to take part.
- In partnership with Change 4 Life, identify and engage pupils and families who are less active.
- To work in collaboration with other schools and external organisations to maximise the potential of PE and school sport funding.
- Children take an active role in providing and supporting sport provision through Sport Crew Leaders.
- To foster links with sports clubs from the local community.